The Archdiocese of Baltimore Curriculum is designed to prepare students to be Catholic, College and Career Ready. Each course of study fosters students' Catholic identity, shaping them to be models of Christian living for others. We provide students with a curriculum that is rigorous and rich in various disciplines. By continuing to implement new standards that are challenging, we work to fulfill the promise of quality Catholic education that educates the whole child: mind, body and soul.
Operating under the auspices of the Archdiocese of Baltimore Department of Catholic Schools, St. Joseph School, Fullerton, follows the Course of Study developed by this educational entity. This curriculum meets and exceeds the curriculum requirements for the Maryland State Department of Education. The Archdiocese of Baltimore periodically reviews and updates curriculum. Please read the that explains the process and the value of these periodic updates.
It's our ministry as Catholic educators to embody our faith in everything we do. We model and teach children how to form a personal relationship with Jesus and build a foundation for life long learning and discipleship.
Learn more about the education St. Joseph School, Fullerton, provides:
- Our Catholic faith is the focal point of our education process, and it permeates all curriculum areas.
- All students take Religion classes and attend Mass on Wednesday mornings.
- St. Joseph Students excel in our challenging academic environment. They consistently score higher than average in both Archdiocesan and national testing.
- Math enrichment classes in grades 6-8
- All 7th grade students take Pre-Algebra
- 8th grade offers both Algebra and Pre-Algebra determined by the student's skills
- Strong Language Arts program which incorporates phonics, literature, grammar, spelling, writing, vocabulary development and directed reading lessons.
- Required summer reading and follow up activities in grades 4 through 8.