Technology courses are essential to the school curriculum at St. Joseph School - Fullerton. In fact, technology is required to be integrated throughout each course of study from Mathematics to Religion. The use of technology in the 21st century is integral to preparing students for college and career success.
Technology courses in Catholic schools cover a variety of lessons including Research and Information Fluency, Digital Citizenship, Creativity and Innovation, Communication and Collaboration. All of these units are taught and influenced by the lens of Catholic identity and the dignity of all humankind.
We are proud to have the following technology resources throughout the school:
- Classrooms are equipped with BenQ interactive flat panels or projection systems
- Multimedia Center
- 3D printers
- BenQ interactive flat panel
- 1:1 student to device ratio
- Chromebooks are available for classroom use in grades 2 through 8
- iPads are available for classroom use in PreK through 1st grade
- Drones and robots for use during our technology classes (grades 5-8)
- Document cameras
- Subscriptions to IXL, Discovery Education, BrainPop, and other online educational resources
- Wireless connectivity throughout the campus
In addition to the core technology integrated curriculum, 3D printing has been added as an activity to enhance instruction throughout many of the schools in the Archdiocese of Baltimore.
On May 5, 2015, Archbishop William E. Lori held a press conference to announce an exciting new initiative that makes a 3D printer available in every Archdiocesan school. The initiative was made possible due to support from the Embracing Our Mission ~ Shaping Our Future capital campaign, a generous donation by Mr. & Mrs. Joseph Croteau, and our technology and curriculum partners, 3D Systems and STEAMTrax.
3D printing is considered a “game-changer” for schools, as they provide children with unparalleled access to innovative technology used by engineers, astronauts on the International Space Station, and medical professionals and scientists.
St. Joseph School - Fullerton students will have access to this same technology and a curriculum that allows our students to become more ready every day for future discoveries and advances we have yet envisioned.